It is one of the growth promoter which contains Alpha Napthyl Acetic Acid as its main component
It is mainly used to increase flowering.
It prevents shedding of flower buds, and unripe fruits.
It also helps to increases the size and quality of fruits and inturn yield.
It can be used mainly in pineapple, tomato, chillies, mango, grapes etc.
Recommendations for Use:
- Should be sprayed during cool part of the day
- Though compatible with most pesticides, individual application will give good result
- Standard solution :
- 1 ml Planofix in 4.5 L of water = 10 ppm
- 10 ml Planofix in 4.5 L of water=100 ppm
- Apply just before expected flowering
- Drench the whole fruit but avoid the spray drift to young crop
- Again, wet the whole fruit 2 weeks before harvest
1. At the time of flowering apply twice
- First, spray during flowering
- Second spray 20-30 days after spray (2 applications)
- First, spray when tender fruits are of pea size
- Malformation before fruit bud differentiation- approximate 3 month before flowering
- First, spray at pruning
- Second spray when flowering starts