Major diseases that can be seen in Pomegranate are as follows.
Alternaria leaf spot
Causal organism : Alternaria alternata
- We can observe small brown circular spots on the fruits.
- Later these spots will enlarge, coalesence and form big patches on the fruits.
- Rotting of fruits can be seen.
- The affected fruits turn pale which can’t be consumed.
Cercospora Leaf Spot
Causal organism : Cercospora punicae
- Yellowing of leaves and premature falling
- Affected plants show small dark brown circular spots on fruits or leaves and later they become irregular
- We can observe lesions on leaves which are dark brown to black.
- Infected plants produce raised black lesions.
- Later the plants dry out and die.
Collection and destruction of affected fruits
Apply fungicide Acrisio which inhibits the activity of fungus
Use Ziram and Parijat Shapat to control this disease.
Spray Mancozeb @ 25ml/lit
Major Pests of Pomegranate are as follows
Causal organism : Conogethes punctiferalis
- Caterpillars bores young fruits and starts feeding the internal contents
- Fuits will dry up and fall down without ripening’
Collection and destruction of of damaged fruits
Use Insecticides like Emamectin Benzoate and Lambda Cyhalothrin
Use Dimethate @ 60ml/lit
Causal organism : Aphis Punicae
Pale coularation and yellowing of leaves
They suck the cell sap from the leaves, fruits.
Stunted growth of plants
Drying and wilting of plants.
Collection and Destruction of infected parts of the plants in the field
Apply Dimethoate @ 2ml/lit
Use of Bio R 303 @ 1.5ml/lit
If there is severe infestation use Shine @ 2.5 ml/lit
Use Damman Cotto 12 to control the aphids effectively
Causal Organism : Deudorix isocrates
Fruits are majorly affected by this pest.
They bores holes in the fruits and starts to feed the internal content of the fruits
Plants starts to dry and stunted growth is observed
In the final stages rotting of fruits is seen and the plants droop off
Apply Dimethoate @ 1.5ml/lit
Use insecticides like
Damman A 47